Thursday, November 15, 2012

And then...

And then there was the realisation that my iPad does not like the idea of long blog posts, refusing to let me go further than the photo of those two reprobates (names withheld) on the prior post.  Maybe its delicate sensibilities were offended

Actually on reflection, having taken over an hour to get that post done, I suspect Blogger and Apple may not the the best of friends.   But I shall valiantly go on.
This has to be the favourite of all the surprises this box of photos has thrown up at me.  This is me, age 3, with the hair colour I miss terribly and the father I miss beyond all possible description.  Singapore I think, I remember the heat, nothing else.

And then I found this:

Dated 1994, it was a few weeks late for my birthday, from my then best friend and her new, now ex- , husband to be.  Obviously from the condition of it, it's been through a couple of challenges!   Rather like me, her, and the friendship itself which after a number of twists and turns ended soon after, as they often do when two flawed people become close through sharing common hurts and unhelpful coping mechanisms.  I look back on the time with fondness now.

But the inscription brought tears to my eyes.  Somewhere in years of depression and G.A.D. and failed relationships (my fault, see the previous diagnoses) that "chick" disappeared.  She was fun and generous and loving and up for anything.  She rocked killer heels and awesome frocks and had spirit that wouldn't quit.  I would have loved to read her blog.  And it's time to find her again.






































No comments:

Post a Comment